The Central Oregon Coast consists of the 75 mile coastline from Florence to Lincoln City. This section of the coast has some of the famous Oregon Coast landmarks you’ve likely seen on Pinterest, such as, the Devil’s Punchbowl and Thor’s Well.
All 13 attractions can be done over two days. This gives you enough time to fully experience everything and not feel like you’re rushing. So, go grab a buddy (or you can go solo,which is what I did), turn up the radio and hit the road!
1. See the Sea Lions
Tip: Don’t pay to see the sea lion in the caves, drive about 1/2 a mile feet north of the caves (to the pull out just north of mile marker 179), pull over and look over the edge of the cliffs. You’ll see way more sea lions than in the caves and it’s free!
2. Visit the Heceta Lighthouse
3. Watch the sunset
4. Enjoy a beer flight at Yachats Brewing
5. Explore the Tide Pools- these tide pools are on the hike to Thor’s Well
6. Try not to get splashed by Thor’s Well
7. Drink all the beers at Rogue Brewery
8. See the fish and marine life at the Newport Aquarium
9.Eat seafood at any of the local restaurants.
Tip: My favorite restaurants are Local Ocean Seafood in Newport and Luna Sea Fish House in Yachats.
10. Walk to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse
11. See the Devils Punchbowl
12.Grab a cup of coffee at Mojo Coffee
13. Try and find the glass floats along the beach- I have tried twice and still haven’t found one!